Better than plain French toast – easier too! Would also be good made with raisin bread.
Baked Apple French Toast
Prepare this the night before, and bake in the morning.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Brunch
Serves: 6 servings
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ loaf French bread, sliced
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- The night before: melt butter, stir in brown sugar and syrup. Spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Arrange apple slices over top.
- Place bread slices over top of apples.
- Beat eggs until light. Add milk and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, until bread is golden brown. Serve with syrup.