Pancake batter baked up like an upside down cake – this is really delicious!
Baked Apple Pancake
Pancake batter baked with apples and maple syrup
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Brunch
Serves: 4 - 8
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine maple syrup, brown sugar, and butter in a 9 inch round baking pan. Put in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the butter melts. Remove and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Arrange apple slices, overlapping, over the syrup mixture in the pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk and melted butter. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the milk mixture and stir until smooth. Pour batter over the apples.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn out onto a serving plate. Makes 4 to 6 servings.