For a shortcut to home baked beans – just fancy up a can of plain old pork and beans.
A shortcut to baked beans.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 oz.) baked beans with pork
- ¼ cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large frying pan cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp. Drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.