These beans went over very well at my wedding rehearsal dinner.
Apple Baked Beans
Dressed up canned pork and beans are fit for a crowd.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 24 servings
- 12 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 3 (28 oz.) cans baked beans
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- Brown bacon and remove from pan. Add onions and red pepper to pan and cook until softened. Drain bacon grease
- Mix all ingredients together in slow cooker. Cut up apple chunks from the pie filling into smaller pieces.
- Heat on low setting for about 4 hours, until heated through.