This recipe is from the Movenpick restaurant chain, as published in the Toronto Starweek TV listings magazine several years ago.
You wouldn’t think cold oatmeal would be good, but try it! I use 10 percent cream instead of 18, and sometimes use a mixture of orange and lemon juice instead of all lemon. You can use whatever fruits you like. The original recipe suggests 1/2 cup each of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup 18 percent cream
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 small apple, peeled and grated
- 1½ cups fresh fruit
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine oats, water, lemon juice, cream and sugar. Stir in the apple.
- Slice fruit, if required depending on what kind you choose, and add to the oat mixture.
- Stir in the whipped cream and yogurt. Makes 4 servings.