A tasty, crunchy bar, with just a hint of peanut taste in the icing.
Crunchy Corn Flake and Rice Krispie squares topped with a peanut butter frosting.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 cups Corn Flakes
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat over low heat on stovetop, or in the microwave, until the sugar is melted. Do not cook.
- Remove from heat and stir in Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies.
- Press into an 8 inch square pan.
- Cream butter and peanut butter. Blend in icing sugar and vanilla. Gradually add cream, stirring after each addition. Add enough cream to make a spreadable icing, you may need a little more or less. Beat until smooth.
- Spread icing on cooled base. Refrigerate to set. Cut into squares. Can be stored at room temperature.