It is easy to make homemade granola bars, filled with good-for-you ingredients.
Chewy Granola Bars
Author: Joan Donogh
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup liquid honey
- ¼ cup canola oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups quick cooking rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, oil and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9 inch square baking pan with non-stick spray and press mixture into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. It should be brown around the edges, but still slightly soft in the middle. It will firm up as it cools. Cool in the pan. Cut into squares or bars while it is still slightly warm.
You can vary the add ins (dried cranberries, walnuts, chocolate chips) as you like, to make different types of granola bars.