The taste of chicken “cordon bleu” without the fuss! You can use chicken broth in place of wine.
Chicken With Ham And Cheese
Chicken breasts with a ham and Swiss cheese sauce.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ cup chopped cooked ham
- ¼ cup white wine
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chicken soup (undiluted), cheese, ham, and wine to the pan. Cook and stir until it comes to a boil.
- Add chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Makes 4 servings.