This is a simple and quick recipe – when you need to whip up a treat in a hurry.
Chocolate oatmeal squares.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cups quick cooking rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in egg, butter, chocolate and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in rolled oats and walnuts.
- Spread in a greased 8 inch square baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F. until top springs back when touched.