A larger recipe for a brownie type square, with 2 types of chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Brownies
Brownies with 2 types of chocolate chips.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (first amount)
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup hot water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (second amount)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Melt butter and 2 cups chocolate chips together.
- In a small bowl mix flour and baking soda together.
- Put melted chocolate mixture in a large bowl. Add sugar and beat for about 5 minutes until smooth. With mixer on add vanilla, and gradually add water. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- With mixer on low add flour mixture until blended. Fold in remaining 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.