A decadent chocolate dessert that is very easy to make.
Chocolate Lava Cakes
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 (1 oz.) squares bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup icing (confectioners') sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
- Place chocolate and butter in a large bowl and microwave on high for about 1 minute, until chocolate is almost melted. Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Whisk in sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
- Spray 4 (3/4 cup) custard or souffle cups with non-stick spray. Divide batter between baking cups.
- Place baking cups on a baking sheet, and bake at 425 degrees F. for 13-14 minutes, until sides are firm but centers are still soft.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around sides to loosen. Invert cups onto dessert plates to remove cakes. Top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired, and serve immediately.