A good, simple recipe for the classic cheesecake. Serve topped with your choice of fruit sauce.
Creamy Baked Cheesecake
A simple basic cheesecake recipe, ready for your favorite topping.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1¼ cups graham wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand, 300ml)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Combine butter, graham wafer crumbs and sugar. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs and lemon juice and mix well. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 300 degrees F. Cake is done when it springs back when lightly touched. Cool to room temperature and then chill until serving.
- Garnish as desired.