These homemade granola bars are so easy to make, and so tasty too. I used walnuts and dried cranberries for the bar shown here. You can make different varieties by using different fruits (e.g. raisins, chopped dates, dried apple, dried cherries, dried cranberries, chopped dried apricots) and nuts (e.g. almonds, pecans, walnuts). They are great for snacks and to pack in lunches.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Line a 10 x 15 inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Spoon batter into the pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, remove from pan, peel off foil and cut into bars.