I got this recipe years ago from a man I used to work with. His wife made them for us as a holiday treat, and we wasted no time in gobbling them down. Try and hide them and forget about them for about a week to let the flavours develop. You could also coat them in cocoa, icing sugar, or more vanilla wafer crumbs instead of coconut.
- 1 package vanilla wafer cookies
- ½ cup Irish Cream liqueur
- ¼ cup milk chocolate
- 1 cup coconut
- Crush the vanilla wafers - a food processor is the fastest for this.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the crushed wafers, along with the liqueur.
- Roll into small balls and roll in coconut to coat.
- Refrigerate to set, then pack in containers and keep refrigerated.