I love this sweet and sour chicken recipe – serve it over rice. Yum!
Island Style Chicken
Chicken with peppers and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Main
- 2 pounds chicken parts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut up
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Pour off fat.
- Add juice from pineapple, broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper and pineapple chunks and cook another 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water, and gradually stir into the sauce. Cook, stirring, until thickened.