We used to have this fancy dessert for special occasions (and sometimes “just because”) back home when I was a kid. It was one of my favorites – a light refreshing cake.
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 lemon pie filling mix, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Slice angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Fold whipped cream into the lemon pie filling mix until smooth.
- Place bottom cake layer on a cake plate. Spread some of the lemon mixture over. Top with the next cake layer. Spread some lemon mixture over. Top with the top cake layer. Ice the top and sides of the cake with the remaining lemon mixture.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.