My husband and I ate all of these for dinner, and the sauce was yummy served over rice.
Lime Chicken Drumsticks
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 2 servings
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Mix flour, paprika and salts together in a bowl.
- Grate the peel from the lime and set aside.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a resealable bag. Squeeze the juice from the lime and add to the bag and shake to coat drumsticks.
- Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and place in a baking dish. Reserve lime juice.
- Mix lime peel, brown sugar, white wine and chicken stock. Add in the reserved lime juice. Pour over drumsticks.
- Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Turn drumsticks about halfway through cooking time.