Maple syrup is a Canadian delicacy, and it is put to good use in these yummy muffins.
Maple Walnut Muffins
Maple and walnuts - a classic combination for good reason.
Author: Joan Donogh
Serves: 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup melted butter, or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine melted butter, egg, yogurt, and maple syrup. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and whirl until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over muffins. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 16 - 20 minutes.