Easy to make in the slow cooker, but fancy enough to serve to guests.
Mediterranian Chicken Casserole
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 servings
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 cups baby carrots (12oz/340 g package)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain and add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken, carrots, onion, garlic, red pepper and olives to slow cooker.
- Combine flour, wine, chicken stock, mustard, thyme and pepper and add to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours