Always very popular – the chocolate and peanut butter combination.
Peanut Butter Brownies
Brownies marbled with a peanut butter topping.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light. Add the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture over the brownie layer. Run a knife through the cake to marble.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool, and cut in squares.