A sweet and sour pork dish made in the slow cooker.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 pounds pork, cut in cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (19 oz.) pineapple chunks
- 1 large red pepper, cut in strips
- Place pork and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and water with juice drained from pineapple. Pour over pork and onions and stir.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Add pineapple chunks and pepper strips in the last hour.
You could use green peppers, or a combination. Serve over rice.