An easy and tasty egg dish.
Spinach souffle made with a can of cream of celery soup.
Author: Joan Donogh
Recipe type: Brunch
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of celery soup
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup finely chopped, drained cooked spinach
- ¼ cup grated onion
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat the soup (undiluted) to just below boiling. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks, and add to the soup, along with the spinach, onion and nutmeg.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into the soup mixture. Turn into a buttered casserole dish. Top with cheese.
- Set in a pan of warm water and bake at 350 degrees F. for 50 minutes, until set and golden crusted. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.