Fresh strawberries are pretty delicious on their own. Adding this cream topping makes them an elegant dessert. I like it with Amaretto liqueur, but you could use orange juice in place of liqueur if you prefer.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or Amaretto liqueur
- 1½ - 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- In a large mixing bowl whip the cream and sugar with a mixer until thick but not stiff. Add the sour cream and beat until mixture is thoroughly combined. Continue to beat while gradually pouring in the liqueur.
- Divide strawberries between 6 dessert dishes. Reserve 6 strawberries for garnish. Pour cream over berries. Top with a reserved strawberry.